OHSAS Lead Auditor Course 18001:2007 is a standard for occupational health and safety assurance system. It was formulated to help organizations for establishing occupational health and safety policies and objectives. The standard is applicable to any organizations that wish to take a proactive approach to its occupational health and safety risks. A certified Occupational Health and Safety Management System demonstrate the conscious determination of the organization to safeguard the employees and the environment from harmful incidents.
Some of the benefits of implementing an Occupational Health and Safety Assessment Series (OHSAS) in accordance with the OHSAS 18001 standard for employers are:
- Reduction in the number of personnel injuries through prevention and control of workplace hazards
- Reduction in the risk of major accidents
- Reduction in the material loss caused by accidents and production interruptions
- Reduction in the insurance costs as well as costs due to absence of employees
- Strong corporate image
- Increased customer satisfaction
- Compliance with the statutory and legal requirements
- Eligibility for OHSAS: No pre-requisite, however experience in Health and safety field and fair knowledge of English is highly recommended.