IOSH Working safely is a one-day course for people at any level, in any sector, needing a grounding of health and safety. It focuses on why health and safety is important, and how you can make a real difference to the well being of yourself and others through changing your behavior.
Everyone at work should have an understanding of why they must ‘work safely’.
It focuses on best practice rather than legislation; it’s suitable for delegates from around the world.
Working safely is recognized as an equivalent to a level 1 award in health and safety in a construction environment.
IOSH Working Safely has five interactive modules:
- Introducing working safely
- Defining hazard and risk
- Identifying common hazards
- Improving safety performance
- Protecting our environment
End of course assessments:
- A 10 question, multiple-choice assessment paper (15 minutes)
- Three hazard spotting exercises (15 minutes)
- Eligibility: No pre-requisite, however experience in Health and safety field and fair knowledge of English is highly recommended.